Tuesday, 12 July 2016

What exercises am I doing?


I hate looking at myself in the mirror, I don't take photo's of myself, I don't let people take photo's of me, I hate the way I look because I am fat and disgustingly frumpy.

This has taken a lot of talking and yelling at myself to get this video up on here, in fact to be honest I had to drag myself kicking and screaming to the laptop to make it happen as I've been avoiding the blog altogether rather than put my already uploaded video up on here.
I have found it even harder than when I put up the photos of myself standing in my underwear, which has really surprised me because I would have thought those photo's would have been the hardest thing to post but instead they seem to have been the easiest thing to do.

Now you do need to remember that my work out is set by my physio, Ben Williams at Northcare Physio and Daniel at Gear Up Fitness and it works around two things, my CMT and my shoulder damage. There are exercises that aren't included because I can't do them or I'm not allowed to do them and the cardio side is very limited because all I am allowed to do is ride a stationary bike and I am finding that very frustrating.

So keep that in mind as I show you the various exercises that I do, there are exercises that should be included in a basic overall work out that are missing because I either can't do them or I'm not allowed to do them.

So the first exercise I do after riding 3kms on the bike (plus as fast as I can for 1 minute, which will be gradually increased as my fitness increases) is this....





The idea is I keep my arms in as close to my side as possible (protecting my shoulder) and make sure I'm pulling all the way back, pressing my shoulder blades together. I need to keep my back straight and keeping my core engaged to protect my back and shoulder.
So I'm using all my fat body weight to do the exercise, so that means it's a really good work out with all the weight I'm carrying around, but I don't think it would be that good an exercise for someone who is quite light in weight.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it! Well done for hanging in there and keeping up with it, is it helping? My rheumatologist told me land based exercise is out but I thought I could handle a little walk so I went out this weekend, sadly I barely made 800m before my joints started screaming at me. I have a referral to see someone about aqua rehab exercises but haven't got there yet.

    ReplyDelete