Monday, 1 August 2016

My Cardio


Okay...here's the go...cardio is very important to me,
it's the only thing that's going to help me lose weight (remember I'm the person on these lovely meds who can put on weight when suffering from a severe case of gastro for 5 days simply because I wasn't moving any further than between the couch and the bathroom)

Before I injured my shoulder I was enjoying a variation of things to get my cardio workout with my favourite being the boxing class at Gear Up Fitness (this even reduces the super fit to balls of sweat by the end) I loved using the rower as it is a good all over body work out and I was just starting to like the elliptical.

I am not allowed to use the treadmill because with the increasing numbness in my feet from the CMT causing more nerves to die off and not work as effectively, and especially with the foot drag and backward leg movement that often happens it is considered to dangerous.

So once I injured my shoulder all I am left with is "the bike"
the one piece of equipment in the gym I really hate.
I don't know why I hate it but I have to give myself a good talking to every time I get on the damn thing and it takes at least a minute to get my head in the right space to get peddling fast enough for it to be effective.

Does anyone else have pieces of equipment they really hate? Do you avoid it or do you force yourself to push through that and just get on with the exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment